Cancer Care Specialty Services Provided at Home
Southeastern Health Care at Home (SE) provides one of the few true home-based clinical oncology programs. For patients who are appropriate for cancer care specialty services, the SE team works closely with a patient’s oncologists and all other physicians to develop care plans, coordinate care, and avoid duplication of services.
The Oncology Program Coordinator, an Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN®), keeps staff up-to-date on the latest oncology updates. This ensures that SE provides the most current and advanced level of care to assist with medication education and symptom and side effect management.
SE is proud to provide cancer patients with the medical assistance they need combined with the kindness and compassion they deserve in the convenience of their own homes. Some components of the Cancer Care Services include:
- Disease and medication teaching, including chemotherapy medications
- Pain and symptom management
- Wound and enterostomal therapy care
- Lymphedema – complete decongestive therapy
- Enteral nutrition management
- Respiratory care
- Cancer fatigue management
- Supportive intravenous therapy, TPN education, fluorouracil take-down
- Nutrition counseling
- Urinary catheter care