Home-based Rehabilitation Services
Southeastern Health Care at Home (SE) takes pride in providing the best possible multi-disciplinary approach for patients’ rehabilitation needs. SE team members perform an individualized evaluation for each new patient. They work with the clinical and medical teams to develop a personalized treatment plan that addresses all impairments affecting the patient’s safety and independence in the home.
The therapists work with patients and their physicians to treat a variety of conditions and diagnoses. From treating weakness, decreased balance, and difficulty with activities of daily living, to improving swallowing and communication, the team provides a one-on-one, individualized plan of care that is delivered with care and compassion by SE’s specially-trained therapists. The SE family of therapists also educates patients and caregivers throughout the treatment process.
In addition to receiving medical care specific to their needs, rehabilitation patients may receive one or more of the following services.
PT is focused on restoring functional mobility for each patient. This may include treatments to:
- Decrease pain
- Increase strength
- Improve range of motion, endurance, coordination, and stability with walking and performing tasks
- Correct posture and positioning
- Instruct on the proper use of equipment to increase the patient’s safety and independence at home
- A program of exercises and activities
- Prescription and instruction in using equipment or assistive devices
- Improving quality, safety and independence in performing daily functional activities such as dressing, grooming, bathing, feeding and household tasks