SE Hospice Patient Services
Southeastern Health Care at Home’s (SE) hospice team of physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, certified nurse assistants, therapists and volunteers works with the patient’s physician to deliver services based on the personalized care plan.
Admissions appointments are available 24/7, with same day admissions often available.
Other hospice services offered by SE include the following.
- Telecare and Urgent Visit services provided 24/7 by a registered nurse
- Medical equipment such as medical beds, geriatric chairs, walkers, oxygen equipment, and other equipment as determined by the customized plan of care
- Medications related to the terminal illness are provided at no cost
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy when listed as a part of the individualized plan of care
- Personal care supplies are also provided to the patient
- Companionship may be provided though volunteer services
Respite care helps family caregivers to get much-needed rest or time to travel for important events. Patients may receive up to five consecutive days of inpatient care at a Medicare-approved nursing facility or hospital. Respite care is meant for occasional use if part of the plan of care.
Paying for Hospice Services
Hospice is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurance companies. Hospice is a financial relief for many because of the many services covered by Medicare with few or no out-of-pocket expenses.